Which new Combi Boiler? Low end Valliant, mid-range Baxi?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

So I'm trying to decide on a 24kw new combi boiler. Initially I was after something with as long a parts and labour warranty as possible...however it seems that none of the decent brands provide a warranty that is that long.

So I have finally managed to compile a shortlist, as follows:

Prices include "Boiler Starter Pack" here: http://www.mrcentralheating.com/index.html

I've been looking at:
Potterton Gold C24 HE (2 years) £629 (boiler only)
Valliant ecoTec Pro 24 (2 years) £855 (inc starter pack)
Baxi Duo Tech 24 (2 years) £758
Baxi Platinum 24 HE (5 years) £920

OR - should i just go for £500 Ideal, or Sabre?

Which would you go for?

The Valliant has cheaper parts in comparison to the Potterton Gold, I think.

Really appreciate some advice,

Thanks
R

Sponsored Links
non of the above :LOL:

get a 24kw intergas. a cracking little combi. fewer moving parts and more efficient than most other condensing combis

Sponsored Links
Why 24kw? Unless your flow rate is extremely poor you should pay a little extra and get a 28kw atleast

Make sure your installer cleans out your system,yes it will cost you more but you won't regret it. :D

baxi for me too the duotec/ potty gold and baxi platimum are all identical the warentee is the only differance,
valliant tech support is poor
baxi tec cant fault
baxi spares are generally less too

Those saying Baxi, surely given the price the Potterton Gold represents the best value as its the same boiler?

veismann, the limited installers is an issue.

what about ARISTON? all have 5 yrs.

I'll ensure best practice is followed when installed, so Powerflush etc for clean system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back