Glowworm 30si - faulty again

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am hoping for some advice; I have a 5 year old Glowworm 30si which to be honest has been troublesome from day 1.

Having recently turned the heating on it has started losing pressure and is dripping outside from the pipe. It does this nearly every autumn; not sure the cause this time and would appreciate any ideas.

Just getting a bit fed up with paying out for it. Its had new fans (2) a new heat exchanger, new pressure sensors. So I guess three questions:
1) What are the common causes of pressure lose when there is evidence of water coming out the overflow
2) When would you cut your loses with a poor product
3) what would you replace it with it

Many thanks, very much appreciated

Sponsored Links
Fill loop valves by passing, the ones you use to increase the pressure.

Sponsored Links
Hi, just wondering whether Nico1 had got any further with solving the problem with the boiler further to the replies given to his post. I have the same boiler, the same problem and want to try and sort it myself before getting a CH engineer involved. Mine was recommended and fitted by a plumber who also recommended a particular type of water softener (expensive), which was also problem ridden and packed up a couple of yrs ago.

Any further info / help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Holdie

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back