wood-burner - how high off floor ?

Reaction score
Country
France
Hi

I have just positioned my stove in the room and have realised that I don't really know - for aesthetic and viewing purposes - how high above floor it would be reasonable to position it.

It's in the middle of the room on a non-flammable surface. Size is 70 w x 65 h x 50 deep and I intend to build a stone wall around it to add mass for heat retention.

It's a large room and seating will be 3 m back from fire.

Can't find anything on Net, asked around but only answer from one guy was 40 cm.

Can i ask what you have and whether you find that ok or would change it ?

Thanks

P.S. If you know of any site that discusses this or has in-depth discussion about fires would be grateful.

Sponsored Links
Mountain Man,
How yer cutting. Not my field, but bell below, they may be able to help. If not ask the cat. :D :D

Stovesellers Contact Us
Le Mont
Villard
Dun-Le-Palestel
23800 Creuse

Tel:- 0033 (0)5 55 63 78 72
Mobile:- 0033 (0)6 71 80 98 82

By email:-
[email protected]
[email protected]

Regards, oldun

Sponsored Links
The bottom of the glass door of mine is 200mm above the base, and then there's a plinth that the whole sits on that's 200mm high.
High enough, I hope, to store logs underneath.

I can't tell you what it's like aesthetically 'cos it's here (in UK) at the mo' and it won't be installed till next spring (in France)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back