Plumbing for Machine Outside

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a Creda washing machine plumbed in inside, but I am planning on getting a dishwasher, so I am going to have to move the washing machine.
The problem is that the outbuilding (a brick shed thing attached to the back of the house) that I\\\'m moving it to has plumbing, but only for cold water, not hot, and my washing machine needs both.
Is it possible to get hot water plumbed out to there as well, and if so, how much will it cost, and do I need to get a plumber in to do it?
Any help would be much appreciated!!!! Thanks.

Sponsored Links
as for cost please see item 9

as for your "plumbing problem" why not get a Y piece
p1071824_l.jpg
like this

avaialble form any good diy shed or online

Thanks v much - just one question - that joins the cold and hot water from each of the top bits of the 'Y', is that right? But I still need to get the hot water out there, so how do I do that?
Sorry if I'm sounding a little thick here!!!
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Because the washing machine at the moment has hot and cold going into it in the kitchen, but in the shed there is only cold.
Can i run the washing machine off cold then?

that is what the y piece is for

a w/m uses hot to take in the powder, but with a y piece it will be cold. no y peice, no soap in m/c

So with the Y piece, it will be able to run off cold ok? It's that simple?
(Sorry, Sunday afternoon, not my most intelligent time!!)

The machine will fill cold through both inlet valves and will then heat the water up.Downside-will take longer to do the wash/may cost slightly more to run(depending where boiler/cylinder situated).

On the point of taking longer, being less efficient: my son who has just bought a new machine tells me they are all coldfill only - or maybe he said the most efficient ones are coldfill only. I thought that a bit odd. Any comments?

dtergents are made to work at 40 degrees, but we are following the americans cold fill only

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back