Toilet Block - Bleach Block Cage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The bleach block holder has fallen into my toilet and disappeared. The water fills up at every flush and waste will not shift. Please help.[/b]

Sponsored Links
Use a metal coat hanger shaped as a hook & try to fish for it round the bend.
BTW Hi Hazel & welcome

Sponsored Links
or if all else fails

images

OK, I've tried the coat hanger technique. No sign of the bleach block and cage, but my toilet is filling normally again when I flush. Is this a good or a bad thing?
I was going to try removing the toilet bowl but I couldn't manage to switch off the water.
Should I call a plumber?

hazelcat said:
OK, I've tried the coat hanger technique. No sign of the bleach block and cage, but my toilet is filling normally again when I flush. Is this a good or a bad thing?
I was going to try removing the toilet bowl but I couldn't manage to switch off the water.
Should I call a plumber?

Those things are a device of evil. What is wrong with using bleach from a bottle?

now, repeat after me " I solemnly swear never to buy one of those wretched bleach block and cages ever, ever again, on pain of paying for an emergency callout by dynorod. I will tell everyone about my near toilet blocking experience and hope that they will learn from my bad luck."
:evil: :evil:

I think she's served her time, sticking a coat hanger in a "waste"-filled toilet can't be pleasant. :D

Although doing it with a plastic bag over the hand is MUCH worse :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back