Hotpoint wd420 washer/dryer stuck mid cycle.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anybody out there with any ideas on the problem below.??

The washer doesnt have any fault lights displayed but started with the door lock light not lighting up & the washer not starting. Ive replaced the brushes in the motor which cured this.
The washer now starts the cycle but is stuck on the wash section & doesnt move on to the rinse & spin or complete the cycle. The quickwash cycle has been washing away for 2 hours now!. The only way that i can advance the program is to cancel and change the dial setting to rinse & spin etc. When i select the empty cycle theres still some water left in the drum when its finished pumping.
Is it a new pcb.?

Sponsored Links
Filter blocked or waste pipe at the end. Also check heater wire has not come off. All this found at the back remove rear White cover.

Filter blocked or waste pipe at the end. Also check heater wire has not come off. All this found at the back remove rear White cover.

The filter did have some debris in but doesnt seem to have made a diference to the cycle. Ive run the cycle with the washer pulled out so theres no kinks .
The washer seems to be stuck on the wash cycle. The heater element has continuity and when i disconnect the stat sensor next to the element, lights 3&4 flash in fault mode but this clears when its plugged back in and the power turned off & back on. When i switch the left dial on the front to no heat then the washer completes the cycle ok. Theres no power to the heater from pcb whilst the cycle is stuck.
pcb is a revision 1 & i wondered if you knew if the transistor Q9 has anything to do with the relay switching for the heater element.I'm guessing that the washer is waiting for the water to heat up and thats why its not advancing on the programme ? Any ideas??

Thanks for the earlier response.

Heater breaks down half way you proved it by putting it on no heat and it goes though ok. Needs new heater.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back