halstead combi boiler problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I have a combi bolier by halstead (which I think is an ace high, although badge is no longer on!) I have absolutely no knowledge of boiler systems and I would be extremely grateful for any thoughts or comments from anyone that does with regards to some problems I am having at this very cold time of year!!

1) for a while now the hot water only works when the boiler is actually burning and does not jump into life automatically when when you turn the hot tap on; althought the hot water does come out fine once the 'burner on' light is lit

2) now for the most annoying part...Occasionally the pilot light used to just go out and I would have to re-start the system to keep the heating on etc. This problem however has recently taken a turn for the worse as the pilot light will now not stay lit for long and I keep having to re-start it just to keep the heating on. In the past hour or so I have just had to re-set the system 8 times or so! This seems to be getting progressively worse and I am now fearing the worst.

To be fair this boiler is more than overdue a service/inspection which I intend to get done asap. As I say I know nothing about this though and any comments would be greatly appreciated just to give me an idea of possibilities or potential costs

Many thanks in advance

Michael

Sponsored Links
Ask the Person who carries out the overdue service sounds like the Hot Water diaphragm is in need of replacement - a quick & easy job, and as for the pilot - your boiler does not have a pilot!! I assume you mean "Flame Failure lock-out" this is probably due to lack of planned maintenance!! :rolleyes:

Thanks ever so much for you comment Boilerman 2 much appreciated. Re the pilot light...I did say I had no knowledge here!! yes when it cuts out the 'power on' light is flashing and I have to reset the unit for it to come back on / 'burner on' light to come back on...just done this twice since the first post!

I'll bear the diaphram in mind and mention this to the engineer who has a look at it

Thanks again

Regards

Michael

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back