Ignition of Optima 701 boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know how to reignite a optima 701 boiler, The boiler has been out of use for some months now and I have recently tried to put it back on. I have followed the instructions set out in the manual, but I can't get the pilot light to ignite. I can hear faint sparking from the ignition switch, but nothing happens. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Boiler is clearly faulty, chances are part of the fault includes actual gas work so you probably need a pro.

Thanks for your response. I did have to get a pro and it did turn out to be a gas problem. An air lock in the gas pipe had to be cleared to allow the gas to get to the boiler.

We call that purging!

Its always a good idea to get a boiler professionally checked when it hss not been used for a while.

That model is rather old now!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your response. I did have to get a pro and it did turn out to be a gas problem. An air lock in the gas pipe had to be cleared to allow the gas to get to the boiler.
That is very odd indeed. I can't think of any way air could have gone into the pipework under normal circumstances.

It would be normal if the gas supply was turned off and particularly if the meter had been removed.

If there was a gas cooker then running that usually gets rid of most of the air in the gas pipes.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back