Overflowing cistern

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a cistern that is repeatedly overflowing out down the wall into the garden (useful for watering plants but its upsetting the neighbours with the limescale deposits it leaves on their windows!) My husband changed the ball valve on it last year and set the new plastic one to the lowest setting it has, it stopped leaking for about a month but now its started getting a bit more enthusiastic about sprinkling everywhere. Its definitely the cold water tank that leaks. It seems to take forever to fill up as the valve dribbles really slowly into the tank, so when we want the drip to stop for half an hour or so we flush a toilet in the house. Should it take so long to fill before it reaches the shut off point (or apparent lack of, in our case), and how can we get it to stop at the shut off point and stop it leaking? Any ideas will be gratefully appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Why have you posted the same thread again? :eek:

Did you not try my earlier advice HERE

Let us know if this was useful and if not maybe we can find another solution for you :D

You are lucky the mod is asleep tonight :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back