Optima Compact 6-Zone Alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've searched through the forum and while I've found similar queries, the responses don't seem to work for me.

I have an Optima Compact 6-Zone system in a house we bought three years ago and recently had a power cut. Based on the dust inside the machine, I can only assume that it was still using the original battery.

When the power came back on, the alarm immediately started blaring at me. I can only assume that while I was out at work, the battery was drained.

I've been out and bought a new battery from Maplins and fitted it inside the alarm. Immediately, the alarm went off again, proving at least the battery works since the alarm wasn't connected to the mains at the time. I turned mains back on to it and entered my alarm code... it was still going off. I entered the default codes of 9999 and 0123. Nothing.

Can anyone tell me anything different that will result in my alarm working and doesn't involve a call-out charge from an engineer?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back