Brick built Shed/Lean-to

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Helllo and Happy New Year All,
Hope you can help?,
I am thinking of building a 8.5m x 2.4m Brick Shed which will have a front 3.5m section of Polcarbonate Roof and 5m of Steel Sheet roof, Its Roof will be 2.4m high sloping down to 2m high on one side, It will have 2.4m of the Polycarbonite section along side my Bungalow and enclosing the rear side/Kitchen Door.
1. Will i need Planning?
2. Will i need Building Regs?
3. Do i need 1/2 or single brick walls?
4. What size (width x depth) Footings do i need on Clay soil?
Any Help/advice will be gratefully accepted.......Thanks.

Sponsored Links
1. Will i need Planning?
Maybe - google for permitted development

2. Will i need Building Regs?
Maybe not, but again google for the dimensional and other criteria for this type of work in context of your property. If the kitchen door is an exit route for fire, then b/regs may be involved

3. Do i need 1/2 or single brick walls?
Well, you need some sort of wall and a single skin is an option if you want the potential damp and cold interior

4. What size (width x depth) Footings do i need on Clay soil?
No-one can answer that. But a a minimum depth will be 600mm, and if you don't go deeper you may experience seasonal movement of the structure.

Thanks......
I will have to apply via Enquiry Form to see what this needs.
Regarding the Walls i feel 1/2 brick will be fine, If i include a Membrane that should stop the Damp.....This IS a Shed (posh one)
Footings..... I thought 400mm x 400mm should be OK
Any more info/help appreciated............THANKS.

Check the depth of your existing bungalow foundations and match that.. unless your bungalow is sinking..

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back