Flexi Tap tails with parellel thread + 2 O seals Tightness?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, after fitting the tails I've noticed that part of the O seal/s have ruptured/squashed out of the ends.

They seem ok (but loose) before I tighten with the spanner.
Am I overtightening with the spanner.
Should I just hand tighten.
I did vaseline the seals and they go in smoothly.
I don't want to plumb them in and just wait for them to leak.

Sponsored Links
The vaseline is why the seals have popped out, remove clean off vaseline thoroughlly from everything and try again, dont overtighten as they are weak as piiiss and will snap, hand tight and then nip up with a spanner, if all else fails throw away the o rings and use ptfe on the threads, and you thought it would be easy.

No Vaseline? seriously?
the seals felt like they would rip out of their grooves when I tried them clean n dry.

Would I be better using the old copper tails from old tap as I agree that these flexis do seem very weak

Sponsored Links
Just about to connect to pipework and now realise that the compression nut end of the flexies which have an internal fitted rubber washer doesn't look right to tighten up on the existing sharp edged olive style compression fitting, looks like it would cut the rubber.

Should there be a flat faced fitting to seal.

tap is the sort with two copper tails

the poster has fitted the compression ends to the taills and is trying to fit the tap end to the compression fittings

needs a 15x1/2"" bsp compression fitting to give a flat face for the washer to seal

i could be wrong but that is what it sounds like

p1065675_l.jpg

The penny drops. :LOL:

DIWHY

You can purchase flexis which have comp fittings either end, one end goes on the copper tails , the other onto your supply pipes.

OR, (if you wish to keep what you have ) you can fit a isolating valve onto your feed pipework and screw the tap end onto this. :D

No,
the flexi tails have a 3/8th - 10mm BSP with 2 Oseals at one end that screw directly into the mixer body.

The other end has a compression nut with the internal rubber washer that I think needs a flat ended/surface 15mm male compression end.

can you post a pic as i am getting confused now compression should have a brass olive and connect striight to the pipe :confused: :confused:

p1810387_l.jpg

do you mean these :?:

Sorry Kev no pic but the thread+Oseals are exact as your pic.

The other end is just a compression nut fixed behind a brass body and rubber washer all which are an integral part of the flexi pipe assembly.

I probably need the rest of what would be a standard 15mm olive compression at one end with the other having a flat male.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back