vibration and noise

jg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a vibration and low humming noise going through the house. It is so bad that we can't sleep at night and can make you feel slightly sick after a long period of it. It only seems to felt inside the house and am wondering if it could be the water pipes. We have unplugged all electrical appliances and found no difference. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Ralfe Harris practicing on his didjeridu.

What part of Australia are you and I'll pop over and sort it :LOL:

doitall said:
Ralfe Harris practicing on his didjeridu.

What part of Australia are you and I'll pop over and sort it :LOL:

What`s goin` on? Do I sense a little lighthearted sense of humour creeping onto this forum :eek: NAY! NAY! & THRICE NAY, MISSUS!!..... OOOH..AHHH... PLEASE YERSELVES..... :LOL: :LOL: Sorry m8 but the only suggestion I could offer would be to ask wether you have some sort of pump introducing water to your house, or a pump on your heating system, could be it`s not supported properly & may be resting against your pipework. Just a thought. Then again...Nahh.. See if Rolf`s dossing down in yer loft, HIT him with a large kitchen implement...& ask him.. CAN YA TELL WOTITISYET???? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
jg
Try turning your water mains off. Is it possible you share one supply with a neighbour - this used to be common? If you turn it off in the road you'll soon find out..
Slowly-filling cisterns can make low vibrating noises, that's any wc, or tank in the loft. Changing the washer cures them, though plastic ball valves are best replaced with metal ones if you have a problem one.

ChrisR said:
jg
Try turning your water mains off. Is it possible you share one supply with a neighbour - this used to be common? If you turn it off in the road you'll soon find out..
Slowly-filling cisterns can make low vibrating noises, that's any wc, or tank in the loft. Changing the washer cures them, though plastic ball valves are best replaced with metal ones if you have a problem one.
Cancel my `sense of humour` quote :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Has the noise always been there (i.e. since you moved in the house?) or just recently (while you were living there already for an x-time?)

Could be coming from a course outside your house, vibrating through the ground (depending on the material of the ground of course)

Or maybe a woodpecker in next doors tree with a blunt bill. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back