Taking out toilet - putting in shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a nasty downstairs toilet (thats all it is, no basin nothing). Its been built onto the back of a garage extension but I want to take it out and fit a lovely big shower. Going to pipe out hot and cold to it, add heating and all that lovely stuff.

My question is thus. is there a reducer that will allow me to remove toilet and use existing soil pipe for drainage of shower?

Sponsored Links
p1637063_l.jpg

one of these you mean ;)

Slightly off topic but it would help others sometimes; How do you post pics Kev ? Surely don't go to all the trouble of sending to site to be posted as per instructions here ?

look in forum info if its a web image its a doddle ;)

you need to host your pics
then copy the url press the img button at the top paste the url press the img button

for a web image right click on it and copy location

then as above :) :) :) :) :)

003163.jpg
:LOL:

right click for properties and you will see where it came from :D

now stay on topic or youll get me *******ed off the mods :LOL: ;)

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I assume kevplumb posted a pic of a reducer type thing, but I can't see it at my end... So, is there a reducer that will allow me to remove the toilet and use the existing soil pipe for drainage of shower? (As I'm doing a similar job to Evilobiwan). Ta.

Yirped :)

Hi,

I assume kevplumb posted a pic of a reducer type thing, but I can't see it at my end... So, is there a reducer that will allow me to remove the toilet and use the existing soil pipe for drainage of shower? (As I'm doing a similar job to Evilobiwan). Ta.

Yirped :)

You do realise that it is the year 2008 & you are asking a question from 2005 don`t you? Are you a Cyber Stalker?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back