riello rs burner

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have recently been asked to service a buderus ge315 with a reillo rs burner on it,i have always just done domestic boilers so am not sure how different it is to service the burner,i know how to clean out the 315 so dont need help there,any help appreciated,

Sponsored Links
Seeing as the ge is a commercial boiler startin at over 100kw I think your domestic scope won't do you much good.
You should hold Ciga for starters,experience would help,so unfortunately although I can help I won't.

The RS is a supurb Burner, it will be a twin nozzle high/low burner, there are two 13mm bolts one each side of the mounting flange which need to be removed, you then pull the whole burner away from the boiler, (it is suppoprted by two tubular metal guides) once the burner is pulled back you will see the electrodes, nozzles & diffuser which can be worked on easily. Once finished just slide the whole lot forward and re-fit the two bolts!

One weakness on this burner is the Hydralic ram which is prone to leaks requiring it to be replaced

Try and set combustion on both High & Low flame
whreabouts in Ireland is the job (I've commissioned a few Buderus/Riello combinations in ROI) ;)

in ireland at the minute we dont have to have a ciga as course isnt available here yet for another 2 months,i do know a bit about them all be it not as much as some,but was just wondering if anything out of sorts had to be done,understand if you dont want to help lcgs

Sponsored Links
thanks boilerman2 its in dublin harolds cross,is there any difference on the combustion readings i shud look out for?

Sorry ICETER
just read your post again realise now the it is RS NOT RL !!
I have just given you a basic overview of the RL OIL Burner!! :oops: :oops:
Still can't get used to the fact that you guys have Natural Gas now!!! :LOL:
sorry however the RS is a good burner too!

Who looks after the Registered Gas Operative register in ROI ?
and what are the requirements for ACS competency certificates?

How do you guys prove commercial competence or is there no such split down there for domestic/commercial.

sorry lads had to go to a football managers meeting,the people who look after the register is RGII,im not sure what acs certs are,maybe they are called something different over here,to ansewer your question lcgs there at the minute is no split down here yet my name is down for the course which only starts over here in two months time believe it or not,but obviously the likes of riello and buderus and stuff have their own competent people working for them and recommend their people only and charge and fortune for their services,to be honest i was just trying to save a fella i know a few quid for the same job theyd do

How do you guys prove commercial competence or is there no such split down there for domestic/commercial.

they struggle :LOL:

in the north you have gas safe and all the relevant ACS elements,to work in the south its bord gais,they have different requirements and different procedures although gas safe is recognised you do a mutual recognition course[costs] no surprise their then.
ge 315 could have a rs/28/34/38/44,i do think the 28/34 is no longer available horrible things and unreliable simple to service and set up but have a few niggles,smaller burners are gs10/20 models up to 220kw,then you are into the rs range.Buderus charge around£280[sterling] mark as do riello plenty of decent guys do the service work but you may need to look north.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back