hotpoint wdd960 control module replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
Can anyone give me advice on the positions of the connections which apply to the control module of my wdd960?
I managed to ping off one of the connectors whilst removing the old module before I had chance to mark it down on my diagram. the trouble is there seems to be two different positions this connector could go (it's the one with the white square end and two black wires).
Thanks in advance for anyone that can help!
Ratattack.

Sponsored Links
its the wires for the fan ,on the pcb the end wires are a long white connecter next to it is 4 thin wires black and blue on a connector its goes next to that .

Hi Rocks1,
Thank you so much for your help :D I have now refitted the control module and was looking forward to some clean washing when I ran into another small problem.
I had removed the motor to have it checked for faults. After bolting it back in place I have discovered that the drive belt is rather tight to fit back on, is there a special knack or special tool for refitting it, as I can't seem to find any adjustment for belt tension anywhere?
Once again, thanks so much for your help with this, you've been invaluable!!

Yes it's very tight I use a copper pipe 22 mm with the end cut in half to slot the belt on. You can use cable ties to surcure it round the pulley then the motor , then spin drum by hand to roll on the belt. Lots of grazed knuckles and swearing.

Sponsored Links
Hi rocks1,
Do you ever get the feeling that some electromechanical objects seem to enjoy not working!
Thanks BTW for the 22mm copper lever tip, I managed to get the belt back on whilst still retaining most of skin on my knuckles. So, I thought, box the machine up, bung it back in the hole and switch on.
This I did and to my great delight everything seemed fine. I then put some very over-due washing in and set it off on a short 30 deg wash of 45mins.
An hour later I returned to the kitchen to discover the WM seemed to be stuck with 1min to go of the final rinse spin cycle, the waste pump running continuously and the drum turning, but slowly, as if it was washing. About every min the motor would speed up as if starting the fast spin but then instantly slow down again, as if something was not allowing it to do so.
I've checked everything i've had my hands on and also checked all connections I can see but to no avail. I've also tried setting the WM on a single fast spin with no clothes in the drum and the same problem occurs, the motor keeps being knocked back to slow speed as soon as it tries to speed up.
Got any ideas rocks1? :confused:
Thanks again mate, Ratattack.

Check the heater wires on the pcb and heater this can cause this. Look incase there's a broken wire.

Hello again Rocks1,
thanks for your last post, but can you tell me the colour/position of the heater wires I need to check on the PCB.
Also, my last post wasn't quite accurate. I have now discovered, after sitting infront of my machine, that it 'hangs' on the first rinse in the wash cycle and not the last. Do you think this makes any difference?
One other thing, while the machine tries to rinse, with the drum revolving, should it be letting in fresh water because I can't hear any.
Your on-going help with this is much appreciated, thanks again.

Hi, got a bit more info.
Have tried a hot wash program which worked ok until of it got to the first rinse and then 'hung'. but at least I know that the heater is working.
I also tried the the drier program which was ok, fan and heating element operating correctly.
I've checked the pressure switch and can hear it clicking, also the pressure pipe is not blocked. I've even tried disconnecting it to see if this makes any difference to the rinse/spin cycle but no joy.
All I can think of right now is that the replacement module I bought is faulty or that the main motor, which is a 3phase induction job is breaking down under load. I did have it checked but not under load so maybe it could be that, what do you think rocks1?
regards.

When it fills it should fill twice on a normal prog then should start washing. If it only fills once at the start then inlet valve is open circuit.

Hi,
Just checked the machine, and yes it fills twice before the drum rotates so the inlet valve looks good.

Ok, here's what happens on rinse only program:

39mins machine starts and fills drum rotates.

At 37mins machine fills again (larger amount).

At 34mins machine drains with rotation.

At 33mins machine starts to fast spin - two seconds later the motor gives a tiny hiccup and slows to a slow washing type spin. just after the motor hiccups and slows I can hear the smallest of clicks - coming from the the area of the module.
The machine will then repeat trying to spin then slow down indefinatly

If there are no error lights flashing all is working valves presure etc. The only error that don't show is heater. If it sticks on 1 min it's a heater fault.

Ok but I don't understand why it's a heater fault when I know the heater works.
Does the heater work during a rinse only program then, I thought the machine only rinces with cold water.

It does but if it's got a earth fault it causes no end of problems. It breaks down while heating. These are cold fill mcs so heater is used from start to heat up cold water, if it was hot and cold heater only comes on for 5 mins to heat to temp , these now heat from start takes anything from 15 mins to 1 hr. Hence the long long wash cycles.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back