fuse board cover

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello

Can any one tell me where i would get replacement fuse board covers for wylex, mk, volex, crabtree and alike

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
hello

Can any one tell me where i would get replacement fuse board covers for wylex, mk, volex, crabtree and alike

Many thanks

How come you are damaging (or losing) so many different types? :confused:

Speak to the MK or Electrium Customer Service Department they may be able to help.

well in this instance i ve got an old wylex fuse board i fitted and the see through flap down cover was already missing, i just wondered if there was a shop or somewhere that sold various fuse board accessories, and besides its not uncommon for these particular covers to get scratched/damaged on site as they are quite fragile.

Sponsored Links
Empty, unpopulated CUs are cheap enough.

If its an older type then keep an eye on ebay.

I don't think you can buy just a cover as a separate spare part.

customer supplied the unit an i fitted they asked if i could get a cover for it

customer supplied the unit an i fitted
How could you have issued a valid EIC when there were parts missing from what you installed?

Did you fit this thing to support new circuits, or to supply existing ones?

How could you have issued a valid EIC when there were parts missing from what you installed

it is the plastic mcbcover that flaps down and as i understand it i this cover is not needed to pass an eic as everything is in place to comply with safety & health

its a metal crabtree star breaker converted to standard din to accept wylex rcbo's unit and the mcb/flap covers lugs (one of) broke and will not stay in place

It means you are describing acts of such incompetenece that I cannot believe you are serious.

it is the plastic mcbcover that flaps down and as i understand it i this cover is not needed to pass an eic as everything is in place to comply with safety & health
That might work - it depends on what the MIs say about bits being missing, whether you did IP tests in an approved way and whether you needed to identify an exception in your declaration.

its a metal crabtree star breaker converted to standard din to accept wylex rcbo's unit and the mcb/flap covers lugs (one of) broke and will not stay in place
Converted by whom?

Can't see how it's still going to have its type approval making the UK-only A deviation valid and therefore I can't see how it will comply with BS EN 60439-3/A1 and therefore I can't see how your use of it complied with BS 7671.

But as you exercised reasonable skill and care in determining that to the best of your knowledge and belief that modified CU did still comply with BS EN 60439-3/A1 then it would be very helpful if you could share all of that with us as it may be of use to others in the future.

Out of interest, saying there was an issue which occured from this 'heinz' consumer unit, do you think crabtree would say that there shouldn't have been wylex switch gear in there and do you think wylex would say that their switch gear shouldn't have been in a crabtree enclosure, being as they are both 'electrium' ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back