NEW BATHROOM QUESTION - PLEASE HELP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm having a new bathroom suite fitted at the moment and wanted some guidance about my exsisting walls. The bottom half of the four walls were tiled and the top half just painted. I have no idea what was used to fix the old tiles but when I have taken them off this has left the walls very uneven - Essentially the bottom half of the walls are a lot thicker than the top and so would be difficult to tile all the way up leaving the walls looking flush. My plan is to tile from floor to ceiling so I was wondering if it was straight forward to board up the walls with Aquaboard or to plaster??

I hope this makes sense!!

Sponsored Links
My reply to your other thread:
What size/weight are your tiles? How much damage is there? If it’s not extensive then it’s usual to fill holes & level with powder cement tile adhesive or a quickset render the day before you tile. If you plaster, you’re going to have to wait till it dries out; 10 days for a skim coat but can be up to 4 weeks for a base coat & skim.

If your referring to Lafarge Aquaboard, it’s still only moisture resistant plasterboard; that’s OK for dry areas but you still need to tank it in wet areas, much less work & hassle to use a waterproof tile backer board.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back