YALE 6300 Alarm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have seen many comments on here regarding Yale alarms - both positive and negative.

Have just purchased a 6300 system along with extra door contacts and PIR's. All up and running and working fine except the panel will not communicate with the sounder box.

I have restored system back to original menu several times but still the box wont respond to the panel (batteries are fine) - anyone had any similar problems or advice.

I also note that someone commented that you cannot unset the system using the remote unless you have used the entrance / door. Does this mean that if I part set the system when going to bed that I will not be able to unset it again using the remote in the morning? any advice on these two problems welcome please.

Sponsored Links
I have one of these systems and whilst I have not had a problem with communication, I do sometimes get an issue when entering the house with the house fully alarmed..I can't disarm the alarm until it has spotted us and the countdown started.

I do part set it at night and am able to disarm it without the need for it to spot us first...

I meant to look and find the reason for this but have now got used to it...

I do sometimes get an issue when entering the house with the house fully alarmed..I can't disarm the alarm until it has spotted us and the countdown started.
That's because you don't have a detector on the door of first entry.

Movement detectors are not designed to be used as an Entry/Exit circuit, as you have found.

Also the positioning is crucial, the detection area is designed to be walked across, not towards, as the book of words should point out.

Sponsored Links
This typicfies the reason Yale products fitted by people with not too much a clue as to why a system has to be "designed" to each property.
Not just using a quick printed guide.
I`m sure Spacecat and Yale blokes will argue the point.
Trouble is they dont earn a living and have to account for their actions.

You see a box in Tesco or where ever, it says ALARM system, best in the world according to the bumf!

Have trouble with it, and tech support is cr*p according to users HERE.

For £100 more you can get a system that works and if needed be supported with Police responce.
Yale will never be allowed that responce, ever. Unless they change certain items and issues. ( That was for Yale man).

Back to your issue of not being able to arm/disarm at will, is yours a new build? Current energy efficiency compliance?
If so is the plaster board is foil coated, so think Faraday Cage.

Not saying the yale wont work, but you ( no disrespect) have not a clue how to design or fit a alarm systen that works without false alarms.

Sorry to be harsh, but that is the fact.

Feel free to do a diagram of the property and get sound advice from either fellow well knowledged members and myself on here.

Hi, Thanks for your interesting input.

Nope it a very old build..even if I stand next to it it will not disarm unless its spotted someone....whereas if I part arm it it will do...must read the manual...

suppose I'd better learn to read first..! :D

It's not sited correctly, think about what I said, positioning is crucial.

Walk across, NOT towards, and get the angle down correct, don't point it at the ceiling.

Hi, siting seems to be ok as it picks up anyone entering within a second normally.

but my point is, if I enter the hallway and it doesn't pick me up...even if I stand next to the control panel and hit the disarm button...it won't until it has picked me up.

Now this is no big deal, here I have to apologise to the original poster for seemingly hijacking his/her thread, but I thought there must be an answer as to why I can't disable the alarm anytime I want to. for instance if I fully enable it in the lounge then want to disable it I have to walk into the hall first so it picks me up...then I can disable it....

How many times must it be said?

CHEAP TAT SET UP/PROGRAMMED by people not knowing how systems work!

Lets forget alarm systems.
Would you change the brakes on the family car with a page printed off the internet?
Take advice from a fool? Spacecat springs to mind!
Wel would you?

Your issue is you have programmed it incorrectly, nothing more nothing less. Seeking a "deal" to protect you and your family you have fallen into the cheap position.

Personally I think my children are worth more than £200 quid.

Yet another interesting if somewhat abusive reply......

I think I'll back out at this point..

Thanks to everyone who had helpful suggestions...

I am sorry that came across the way it did.
Although the sentiments remain the same. You have been told the reason why the detector behaves in the way it does.
This is why a "contact" on the Final exit is always fitted. Then the PIR is on "Entry/Exit" to give added protection.

Again sorry if I was harsh, the amout of times "WE" give the same advice is beyond counting.
At anytime were the replies meant to be insulting.

Regards

Alarm

To add, try repositioning the detector to see you walk ACROSS its path, and programme it as entry in part set, that should slove the issue.

Sorry you had to go through all the guff from some of the other posters.
In some respects they are right..
ie Buying Yale and fitting it yourself will lead to the obvious problems associated with not being able or experienced to design and alarm system properly.

However they are totally wrong with their guesswork about how the Yale system is actually designed to work and why you are having problems.

You cannot as you rightly say arm the 6300 with your keyfob and then go to bed expecting simply to press the button on the keyfob to disarm the system the next day.

The system is actually designed to work in this way - Let me explain (Other Yale novices too please note (That means you ALARM and EUROPLEX)).

Your system should ideally have been set up with a door contact on your entry/exit route and this device should have beed set as an entry device.

Now you will as you know be able to set the alarm using your keyfob...ie press the arm button and the panel starts counting down.

However when the system is armed you can press the fob all you like but it will not disarm the alarm.
This is not as has been suggested by the inexperienced novices who have attempted to answer your question anything to do with cheap tat - foil in your walls - ufos from outer space or their lack of manners , inteligence or technical knowledge it is actually a safety feature built into the system by yale.
Think about it. You have a keyfob - it takes merely a button press and no code to operate.

What if you dropped it into your garden when you left home , Surely you would worry that someone finding it could pick it up and bingo disarm your system at the touch of a button!!??

Exactly , which is why the keyfob will only disarm the alarm under the following distinct conditions.

You can set the alarm with your keyfob any time but you can ONLY disarm your alarm with your keyfob AFTER you have opened your entry door which has then initiated the alarm countdown , during this countdown pressing the disarm button on your keyfob will stop the alarm,

The logic is simple.
Assuming you use keys and lock your entry door then the system will allow the keyfob to disarm the system after the entry countown has started because it assumes you must be the property owner if you have been able to open the door and therefore have use of keys.

This means you cannot use the keyfob when you go to bed other than to set the alarm from your bedroom without having to go back downstairs.
You cannot unset the alarm again the next morning and will have to use the control panel keypad.

You can however use the keyfob to set the alarm when you leave the house and unset it again when you come into the house using your entry door and the countdown has started.

OH and one last thing

For the attention of Alarm and Europlex.
Yale smartalarm is coming !!! a new yale grade2 wireless system with full home automation built in .
Expect me to then be offering insurance approved installations for offices and home - excellent accessory options and leading aesthetics and functionality.

You might want to learn all about it so you don't get left behind with your ancient and troublesome poorly finished cheap looking professional alarms.

To add, try repositioning the detector to see you walk ACROSS its path, and programme it as entry in part set, that should slove the issue.

It's not sited correctly, think about what I said, positioning is crucial.

Walk across, NOT towards, and get the angle down correct, don't point it at the ceiling.

Don't point the pir at the ceiling??

How patronising.

If the pir is sited on a wall between 1.75 and 2.3metres as per the instructions then it is set up correctly as the device is made to point down at the correct angle when flat against the wall.

It isn't one of these 'professional jobbies on a stalk that can end up pointing anywhere like on a neighbours house where the pro installer had pointed it at the floor meaning it only had a detection field of around 1m from its bracket point.

Have seen many comments on here regarding Yale alarms - both positive and negative.

Have just purchased a 6300 system along with extra door contacts and PIR's. All up and running and working fine except the panel will not communicate with the sounder box.

I have restored system back to original menu several times but still the box wont respond to the panel (batteries are fine) - anyone had any similar problems or advice.

I also note that someone commented that you cannot unset the system using the remote unless you have used the entrance / door. Does this mean that if I part set the system when going to bed that I will not be able to unset it again using the remote in the morning? any advice on these two problems welcome please.

You just haven't learnt the siren in properly.
Take it off your wall and go back into the programming menu select devices - program siren - add siren.

Before pressin the add siren button on the control panel switch on your siren. wait till the lights stop flashing.
press the siren learn button so the outside two leds light up.
Then press the learn siren button on the control panel.
Your siren will flash again and it will then be learnt into the system

Then choose program siren and select siren tamper off.

This will then give you 1 hr to site the siren without its tamper setting it off and deafening you..:)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back