dell inspiron 910 blue screen of death. HELP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anyone help me my daughters netbook has the blue screen saying closed down to save damage to the computer. it wont let me start it in save mode or nothing. can anyone help me?

Sponsored Links
I have had that a few times, shut the computer down, power off your server, then restart from fresh, server on first, then computer.

Wotan

Or failing that, as the name suggests, consider the windows install DEAD

Let us know if that is the case and we can advise you further

Sponsored Links
can anyone help me my daughters netbook has the blue screen saying closed down to save damage to the computer. it wont let me start it in save mode or nothing. can anyone help me?

What os?

Have you tried f8 just before it boots up?

May get you a few more options.

this is the message i get a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer: if this is the first you`ve seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. if this screen appears again follow these steps; disable or uninstall any antivirus. disk defragmentation or backup utilities. check your hard drive configuration, and check for any updated drives run chksk /f to check. but how can i do this when it wont let me in to the computer?

The time spent trying to fix this compared to doing a fresh install is very different, if you can get hold of a windows install disk you can pop it in and re-install windows but doing this you will lose everything all files like pictures films music

If you do have files on the drive that you need the drive needs to be piggy backed into a PC and said files dragged off it prior to the re-install

If this is what you want to do let me know if you need any further help

its windows xp its running on. ive got the disk to do a fresh install with but with it not having a disk drive how can i do it?

Why don't you have a disk drive?

Can you boot to USB?

You need to do a chkdsk /r.

Have look at google, you can get programs that make a USB stick into a bootable setup disk.

Run the setup, run the recovery console and do a chkdsk /r.

Sponsored Links
Back