Where to locate Blank end Panel Texecom 24

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi peeps,

I've just purchased an alarm kit with the above control panel (with seperate remote keypad).

I just wanted your views of where to locate this.
I've heard it needs to be ideally central in the house, some peeps place in loft, some in cupboard under the stairs, some in garage.

I have a semi detached house with side garage extension, so it could easily go anywhere above. The fuse box is located in the garage too.

Initially, my thoughts are to put in cupboard under stairs, as I thought the garage is less secure - Don't fancy the loft either but can be swayed.

Do burgulars generally break in and go round trying to disable thiese kind of things? (bearing in mind the alarm would be going off anyway)
Or would the alarm be deterrant enough? (Will have CCTV too soon).

Any advice would be gratefully received - Thanks for reading.

Sponsored Links
Think, CABLES, they have to go back to the End Station (blank end panel).

Under stairs is good, don't forget mains supply.

Cables from here, up stairs, then down to the detectors, makes life easier.

OK, Cheers Europlex - The wall behind the cupboard under the stairs is the garage and the Fuse box is on that wall so I think it works out well.

I'm just planning where to put the PIR's now, I presume it's best not to have two pointing the same way - Thinking about a through lounge here, best to put the PIR's back to back?

Would you know any good sites to aid me with this?

Finding it hard to have the windows covered as a priority or the internal doors.

Thanks again.

Sponsored Links
As Euro said really.
Try not to put the panel in a relativily hot area is another suggestion.
Back to back is fine, we do it all the time.
Try not to have a pir looking at the windows ( I know that can be a pain).
One after another false alarms came from my suveyor who never realised for some odd reason. Low sun in the winter caused it to do as above. A DT sorted the issue after i had worked out the problem.

PS detectors work better when walked across than forwards to them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back