New alarm recommendations please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am looking to install a new alarm system in my house. I have been browsing the forums and think I know what I need but can't make my mind up on what kit I should buy.

The house is a 4 bed detached house. Initially I am looking to install prob 5 sensors downstairs (i.e hall, study, lounge, dining, kitchen) plus front and back door sensors. 1 sensor upstairs on the upstairs landing. I might put a sensor in the garage later. Does this sound about right?

I think the Texecom Premier 24 panel should suit my needs although I see a lot of people on here talking about the Premier 48. I can't see much difference apart from the number of zones. Should I really be looking at the 48?

I am not sure which sensors I should buy. Will quad pir's be ok or should I use dualtechs? Are Texecom sensors OK or would another make be better?

For the bellbox I was going to use a Texecom one. Is this my best bet or would another make be better?

Thanks for any help and advice you can offer me on this.

Cheers

Steve

Sponsored Links
Forgot to say that I will also be installing

LCD Keypad
7Ah Battery
Using 6 core cable throughout
Will probably also get a USB-COM for programming

Cheers

Steve

48 is more powerfull.
And can be expanded in the future.
If not thinking of moving for a while get the 24.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back