flue leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, the flue from my boiler hasn't been put together correctly it has a slight gap in it and there was a drip from it . the plumber came back out took the collar off filled it full of sealant and re-sealed it. is this right? will there be a water build up inside it?

Sponsored Links
Hi, the flue from my boiler hasn't been put together correctly it has a slight gap in it and there was a drip from it . the plumber came back out took the collar off filled it full of sealant and re-sealed it. is this right? will there be a water build up inside it?

No. You can only use the supplied approved materilas. Is he Gasafe? When was the install. Is this a wind up?

he is right that you need to follow the right materials.The plumber knows best about that because this is his work.

Sponsored Links
Mr Smith, this plumber is not right and is not registered to do gas work.

The OP did discuss this previously and was advised to contact the registering organisation but has not apparently done that.

He should be getting Gas Safe to inspect as it sounds Immediately Dangerous.

Tony

hi thanks for advice. I had previous problems and opted to give same company the chance to put things right before I reported them. They have been back and changed the undersize piping and this is wat they did with the flue. I have now reported them to GAS SAFe who are coming out to inspect there work. I was just wondering wat they would say when they inspect. Thanks for you time and comments. This time he produced a gas safe card and is listed under a company he used to work for.

listed under a company he used to work for.

This is illegal although he maybe qualified i.e passed ACS and such. He needs to be registered under his current company. did you check if the card he showed you was in date? they need to be renewed every year (usually around march/april time) also he may have been struck off or have a current case against him which may need to be settled before he can be registered again? (Only a minor possibility i don't mean to scare monger just trying to give you a insight). Also on the back of each gas safe card is details of what the engineer is qualified to do ie cookers, fire, boilers, pipework ect.

If you know the name of company he was registered to, run that through gas safe see if he is still registered to them.

If he does not have his own/current Gas safe registration then it is unlikely he has filled in the benchmark or registered the installation with gas safe. This would generate a bill and would need to go through his or other companies books. If the benchmark is not correctly filled in then this could also void warranties?

thanks gas safe are coming out a week tomorrow I guess they will sort him out if he is not registered. this has been a nightmare job from start to finish.

thanks gas safe are coming out a week tomorrow I guess they will sort him out if he is not registered.

They cant do anything if he is not registered - they can only take action against us who are GasSafe registered. :rolleyes:

Mr. W.

Mr Smith, this plumber is not right and is not registered to do gas work.

The OP did discuss this previously and was advised to contact the registering organisation but has not apparently done that.

He should be getting Gas Safe to inspect as it sounds Immediately Dangerous.

Tony

Thank you tony for your concern...How about my new signature can please check it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back