advise on possible downlight fitting please ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hoping you could advise.

I am hoping to finish off my bed/sitting room.

1 Half of the room is pretty much completed but the other half is still in need of work.

My idea was to move the light switch to the correct side of the door and replace exsisting main light and side lights with something more modern. Someone has recently mentioned having downlights installed.

Was just hoping to get some advise and opinions, please see photos below

Please note that the wallpaper is all stripped now and planning on re-skiming wall so similar finish to the completed half

020420111025.jpg

020420111024.jpg

Sponsored Links
Well, keep your head down. You'll not get much help on fitting torchlights on this forum.

You want something modern? Downlights are sooooooo last century.

i was asking for suggestions? what would you recommend then?

Sponsored Links
He could fit fire rated down lights though, the ones I fit made by jcc comply with 30 mins, 60mins and 90 mins, and they have an acoustic seal something else to bear in mind. Two nice fittings would be better though

holmslaw - The property is a 1950's bungalow and was re-wired when we moved here 8 years agom, this room used to be just a living room so would the ceiling still be "fire rated"? sorry not sure what "5 amp sockets controlled by light switches" are?

5parks - I will google search jcc and see what they offer, but am I correct that I will need "fire rated" downlights in this room if i go ahead with the downlights?. What other fittings would you suggest?

Bit new to this decorating game :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back