how to remove ballpoint pen stain form leather sofa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all :)
i have a light color sofa, and couple of days back i was playing with ballpoint pen on my hand and by mistake a line was drwn on sofa.
now i dont know how to remove the stain of ballpenpoint ink. i am searching for leather cleaner or any type of cleaner which removes the satin from leather sofa.
if anyone of you have any idea of remover please let me know
thank you :eek:

Sponsored Links
Spray Hairspray on a cloth and rub carefully. You may be best trying it on an old leather garment first just to check but I am sure it was Hairspray I used once on mine.

Sponsored Links
:eek: I have the same problem but my biro marks are couple of years old recieved a cream leather sofa of friend who moved to spain, want the biro marks off tried white spirit didnt work bought leather cleaner no luck and fresh biro pen wipes can remove fresh biro stains but not old. Im considering hiring a leather cleaner running out of options :rolleyes:

Thank Im off to try the hairspray. The cleaner I got with the suite did nothing!

Raven

went out and bought Tesco own brand and it worked!!!! Yipee you have saved my husband's life......as he was close to being murdered when he got home from work...Many thanks :D

I used "Urban" deodorant, it works really fast and it comes off in a couple of scrubs! :D

After reading the above we tried Pantene Pro-V hairspray to remove blue biro pen that was a day or two old from a (recently brand new) cream leather sofa and it worked a treat. It took about a dozen sprays to fully remove and we found that leaving each spray for a short while worked much more effectively than spraying and wiping off straight away.

Prior to reading this thread we also tried the cleaner supplied with the sofa, domestos and nail varish remover. All did not work.

So thanks for the help, my daughter's no longer grounded for life!! :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back