Worcester Bosch Junior 241 - Water pressure too high

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Can anybody please help with some advice. A plumber came round a few months ago to do some unrelated work and advised the water pressure on my Worcester Bosch wass too low, I had forget to top it up for a good while. I have just noticed that he has crannked up the pressure too 3.5 bar. Is this right it seems very high.

Also, please excuse my ignorance but, if it is too high, how do I reduce the pressure.

Many Thanks

KS

Sponsored Links
Is abit high yes.
bleed a rad and bring it down to about 1.5 bar.
hold a pot to the bleed valve till it lowers.

You might find that after you have reduced the pressure it may go up again when the central heating is on. This could be because the expansion vessel needs re-pressurising in the boiler, as the pressure increases above 3 bar it will drip out a pressure relief pipe and then lose pressure when the system cools. This could be why it lost pressure in the first place.

Thank you both so much for taking the time and effort to reply, it really is apreciated.

I noticed the overflow was dripping which sparked my initial concern, i will bleed a rad tonight and take note of your observations.

thanks again.

KS

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back