Temp niddle too high even when my peugeot 206 is off?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Even when my peugeot 206 is off the coolant temp niddle is high. isthere any way to get it back to its off position?

Sponsored Links
Disconnect the sensor wire on the engine to see if it goes to zero. Otherwise its a fault in the dash.
Had a sticking rev counter in an Alfa and we found that it was just a matter of flicking the dash with your finger to get it to work properly. So you could try tapping on the temp gauge with your finger. But probably more serious than that, is the fuel gauge OK?

Even when my peugeot 206 is off the coolant temp niddle is high. isthere any way to get it back to its off position?
Remove the wire from the temp sender, if the gauge then returns to zero, change the temperature sender, it appears to have short circuited.
If needle is still full scale, then the temp instrument is faulty, and needs changing.

Wotan

Sponsored Links
Its possible to generate the most bizarre faults if the incorrect bulbs are used or fitted......here's an example: Stop / tail lamp bulb (twin filiament) bulb replaced with a single filiament bulb. Outcome - with the ignition off, press the brake pedal and the fuel guage reads full :eek: This was on a Pug 205.
I'm not saying this is your fault at all, of course!
John :)

I too have the same problem with the temperature gauge on a Peugeot 206CC 2.0. The gauge reeds over halfway when the engine is off, and as soon as the ignition is switched on it goes all the way into the red! The engine is not however overheating, and it looks like someone has previously replaced the temperature sensor. What was the outcome of your problem listed above?

Back