Removing mould or damp from polystyrene ceiling tiles ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all.
need some advice here.
tryin to remove either damp or mould from my bedroom polystyrene ceiling tiles.
any ideas wat i can try ?
ive tried using hot water , even tryied the green bottle mould remover.
any help id apricate it
thanx
Matt
p.s sorry if this been posted elsewhere couldnt find anything.

Sponsored Links
Matt

If they are unpainted complete removal may not be possible, If you have any form of damp present either a leak or perhaps high levels of condensation then these should be looked at and a cure established.

The application of an Anti Fungicidal wash will kill off the spores of the mould and help remove it, with regard to the nature of the tiles you will achieve perhaps a better result applying this with a brush working the wash well into the surface. try and loosen as much as you can and sponge off, if you find that those areas still remain stained perhaps your only option would be to consider applying an Emulsion paint.

Dec

Sponsored Links
sounds cool prob i got is my bed is a kingsize bed hope dnt mean taking it all apart and starting again ?
Matt

When doing ceilings it is often possible to work around large obstacles such as beds, get yourself a couple of dust sheets.

Dec

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back