Cleaning existing system for new boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can you open the filling loop with a hose connected to a drain off to remove sludge ect? i am replacing a boiler tommorow as the old one has totaly gave up (yes i am gas safe) i can't afford a powerflush as i am just starting up and am unable to put cleaner into the old system as the boiler is not working. any advice greatly apriciated.

Sponsored Links
Thanks, will try that, I don't think it's paticularly dirty or anything just want to make sure no crap gets to the new boiler. i'm fitting a magna clean as well so should be ok. If the pump has had it though surley filling loop open and hose connected should shift i?. Close all but one rad and tap the same as a power flush.

Sponsored Links
Your method will shift nothing and would be a waste of water. If you've any sludge it needs to be dissolved with chemicals as advised.

i am replacing a boiler tommorow as the old one has totaly gave up (yes i am gas safe) i can't afford a powerflush as i am just starting up and am unable to put cleaner into the old system as the boiler is not working. any advice greatly apriciated.

In no way can I support your ideas that you should do a shoddy job because you are "starting up".

Thats the classic way to get a bad reputation, win enemies and lose customers.

The customer pays for the installation and the installer should be doing the job properly.

Whats the point in doing anything badly?

Worse it adds to the evidence of cowboy plumbers and the already bad reputation of this trade which I have to endure whenever anyone learns of what I do.

Why not join the cc and at least keep your bad practices away from public gaze?

i am replacing a boiler tommorow as the old one has totaly gave up (yes i am gas safe) i can't afford a powerflush as i am just starting up and am unable to put cleaner into the old system as the boiler is not working. any advice greatly apriciated.

In no way can I support your ideas that you should do a shoddy job because you are "starting up".

Thats the classic way to get a bad reputation, win enemies and lose customers.

The customer pays for the installation and the installer should be doing the job properly.

Whats the point in doing anything badly?

Worse it adds to the evidence of cowboy plumbers and the already bad reputation of this trade which I have to endure whenever anyone learns of what I do.

Why not join the cc and at least keep your bad practices away from public gaze?

How can you say this? , you charge by your own addmission under £1900 to fit a new boiler , i can guarantee you cannot flush the system properly when charging this amount for the job..........................Gas Safe are looking to recruit a number GCOs , have you applied?

cc = combustion chamber our private den

magna clean to help flush manualy flush rads outside tap
and cleans agent

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back