New Alarm Install

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am moving house in a month, and would like to install an Alarm system. I am happy to install myself, and am a techie type chap, loves gadgets and all that.

So it is a 3 bed house, I would like some recommendation on kit, there is a lot of choice out there.

Hard wired System.
PIR in every room X7
3 X Door Contacts
5 X Window contacts

I am looking for a system that uses a fob to arm and disarm, would be great if a 2nd fob can be used to part arm too at night.

Being a computer geek, I have looked at alarms with IP interface for config and remote monitoring, that would also be great.

Budget is fairly flexible.

Anyone got any thoughts?

Cheers,
Will

Sponsored Links
premier 48 as you can fit ip comm and ricohet radio equipment and program via laptop with wintex

premier 48 as you can fit ip comm and ricohet radio equipment and program via laptop with wintex

Cool I came across this while looking, looks pretty much perfect, and the expansion options look sweet as.

How do the fobs work with this system, I cant seem to find the info on these.

Thanks for the pointer.

Will

Sponsored Links
I see you have put that you want it hard wired. is there a particular reason for this? Its much easier to fit a wireless system. The AEI SG4000 is a great system. It comes with 2x PIRs, 1x door/window sensor a remote control and auto dial control panel. Plus you can add any number of additional sensors to this system so that you can secure all your rooms. You can even add smoke detectors to this system!

Yeah, I dont want to think about batteries, also I will be gutting the house to install central heating, so running in wires out of sight will not be an issue for me, they will not be seen, and I just like the idea of real wires, hehe.

for wired, I agree with the others, premier 24 with an odyssey series bell, just pick your favourite shape, my favourite's the odyssey 3.

for wireless you would be looking at the *COUGH* Yale 6400

Thank you very much.

For door contacts, will any standard mag contact work with this system, I have found a nice panel, PIRs and Window sensors.

Cheers,
Will

hi just put your fob to the keypad to fullset and fob and part button to part set. you can set keypads to quick so you dont have to use fob just press part key. the 48 is the better panel as there are more add on options.

Risco and Scanny to name but two
and those for larger sums of money.
I am not particularly a yale fan, but the yale would be good for a person who wanted to have the challenge of programming a wireless system[/quote]
It's academic anyway but based on the original post, i'd say 'cheap' wasn't a deciding factor

alumni";p="2005320 said:
Risco and Scanny to name but two
and those for larger sums of money.
I am not particularly a yale fan, but the yale would be good for a person who wanted to have the challenge of programming a wireless system
It's academic anyway but based on the original post, i'd say 'cheap' wasn't a deciding factor

my two pennies worth,

if you wanted to you could also get hold of a Galaxy control panel, touch screen keypad,
LAN module, RSS sofware, RF portal and fit loads of wireless sensors as well as wired one.

but thats just a thought>

the Risco stuff is good so is the Texacom 48 both will do what you want without much trouble, (and you get an engineers book with them, but you don't with Galaxy)

Oasis

steer away from DIY wireless kit, (we wont fit any DIY alarms as they are non compliant, but as a DIYer you can fit what you want were you want)

hi just put your fob to the keypad to fullset and fob and part button to part set. you can set keypads to quick so you dont have to use fob just press part key. the 48 is the better panel as there are more add on options.

Thank you sounds just what I need :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back