working pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please can someone comment on the working pressure of boiler.
My mate is an RGI.
I am a quali plumb and i am training to be RGI.We changed a boiler and tested it but the working pressure dropped from 20mbar(standing pressure) to 10mbar(working pressure) and it seemed to be working fine but my mate doesnt shrug and said its ok hence it is working fine.
CAn someone elaborate on this please.
and what is the normal standing pressure? working pressure?pls :p

Sponsored Links
This is such a ridiculous question from someone claiming to be in training as an RGI that they must be a troll.

Please can someone comment on the working pressure of boiler.
My mate is an RGI.
I am a quali plumb and i am training to be RGI.We changed a boiler and tested it but the working pressure dropped from 20mbar(standing pressure) to 10mbar(working pressure) and it seemed to be working fine but my mate doesnt shrug and said its ok hence it is working fine.
CAn someone elaborate on this please.
and what is the normal standing pressure? working pressure?pls :p

Yeah! you may call it rediculous.But if you know something and you are being mislead kindof, what do you do?
Because what you read is different from what you actually meet out there and do in the main stream.
Sometimes the situation can be confusing because you are trying to tread carefully and not upset anyone.You should know that it is hard to get a mentor.So, anyone available will do.

Sponsored Links
Yeah! you may call it rediculous.But if you know something and you are being mislead kindof, what do you do?
If you are training and past week one, you would have known the answer, or at the very least be able to look it up in your books.
It is a rediculous question.

I am sorry guys.I should go back to my books I think it is better.
I havent done any assessment or anything I am just a plumber not a gas man.I am only trying to be one.
Until I do an exam on this.
All I have known is residual knowledge.

Thank you Rosiew.Do you believe he has just told me now some 3 hrs ago that we are repiping the work next week.
I have just met him not long ago and I will say I was been too hasty in judgement.
I am sorry guys.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back