Country
United Kingdom
problem i am faced with !

I have been called out to a cafe which has
1 water boiler 22kw
2 chip fryers total 44kw
1 oven 25kw

total load 91kw.

they are being supplied by calor gas. Recently comeone install a new bulk tank with out an ecv or test point on the first stage. The first stage is piped in 1/2 in up to where the secong stage reg which then changes to 3/4 for a run of 20meters to the appliances.

Customer reported when full load was on, all the appliances dropped down.
I carried out a working pressure on the appliances an found that when all the appliances was turn on the working pressure dropped to 11 mbar. I changed the second stage reg and retested, but the working pressure with all appliances was still on 20mbar.

With one 22kw appliance on the pressure dropped to 30mbar. standing pressure of 50mbar.

Is the pipework blocked.

The first stage is at 750mbar no problem there.

From the pipe sizing chart 3/4 isnt big enough for 90kw but it should be good enough for 22kw.

Please help

Sponsored Links
i would be looking at how mant kg of gas per hour the first and second stage gas regs will pass, i would suspect its less than your total demand, i only work on small LPG installations so dont usualy have to work it out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back