extractor fan through roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am installing an extractor fan from upstairs shower room and only exit is through loft and out through roof tiles. What is required for roof and would I be able to do this myself without getting out onto roof itself? Any advice appreciated.

moved as posted in wrong forum (UK electrics?)

Sponsored Links
Got my bathroom in a flat roof extension. I did it pretty much the same as nstreet is suggesting, but being a felted roof I had to seal it using bitumen. Came out very nice! :)

Sponsored Links
This looks OK for roof tiles/slates which are flat but what do you do if your roof tiles are wavy in profile? How is that condensation trap fitted - do you have to run the t-piece off to an overflow/drain?

JDLDIY said:
This looks OK for roof tiles/slates which are flat but what do you do if your roof tiles are wavy in profile? How is that condensation trap fitted - do you have to run the t-piece off to an overflow/drain?

The piece is made from roofing lead, so you work it to fit the profile of the tiles. The condensation trap is fitted in-line with the pipe and the 't' is just the overflow, best just to run it out through the barge boards or soffit.

I will have to run ventilation from my 100mm shower extractor fan thorugh 100cm of loft space and out through a 'made up' roof tile. As the roof tile is not directly above the fan i will have to use flexible ducting. Can a condensation trap be used with flexible ducting?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back