Laminate board moving ??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i recently had a new laminate floor put down and over the past few weeks one of the boards has started to drift.
The offending board is tucked in a 90 degree internal wall, it only comes into contact with two other boards, one end and one full length, What is happening is that as its in a throughfare area its starting to slip under the skirting board when walked over, which was laid after the laminate and directly on top in order to eliminate the beading.
I have tried pva glue down the gap, which stopped it,but its flared up again. I dont want to rip the skirting off and lay a new piece as everything has just been redecorated, any ideas or tips at all ??

Sponsored Links
What kind of underfloor do you have? Little trick of the trade (rarely used in the middle of a room, but should be alright in this case next to a wall): little pin to 'pin it down' ;)

Hi, Its a concrete floor, thought about the pin method but as its a concrete floor i suppose it wont work ???

No, it wouldn't with a small pin, big one would be to obvious :confused:
Have you tried to glue the groove/tongue again/better and leave it for a while (movement has properly started by (twisting) movement due to footfall)?

Sponsored Links
yeah, i tried pva in the gap and wedged a small nail head first between the skirting and laminate in order to act as a clamp, by clipping the nail on the hidden edge and pulling it towards the gap to try and decrease the gap, it didnt work as the nail couldnt get enough purchase.
I think im going to have to wedge the skirting out a little to try and backfill the gap between the wall and board whilst gluing the gap i suppose...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back