Replacing a double glazing pane with condensation inside

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just bought a property where a double glazing pane in the living room needs replacing. TBH, the whole window frame and all the panes could do with replacing, as the frame is an ugly white uPVC. But there's alot of window and alot of frame, so can't just afford at the moment to replace.

So I'm currently looking to just replace the double glazing pane. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to go about? Call a local DB company? Or just measure, order online, and install myself? And how to measure? And what kind of costs am I looking at?

The pane itself measures approximately 67.5cm wide and 83.5cm tall. Not quite sure how thick the panel is though...

Any advice?

Sponsored Links
Measure it and go to a local supplier , looks like it will need to be toughened as well, 800 mm from the floor? Fit it yourself should cost about £60-£80

Sponsored Links
Yeah, its less than 800mm from the floor. I think these uPVC windows were put in so long ago that the regs weren't in force back then.

Just hope the new pane doesn't look out of place compared to the others!

With a bay window that size - how much you think it might cost to replace it completely with new wooden framed double glazing? Its the direction we're looking about a year down the line when we have more dosh....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back