Pan for toilet habits

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My father in law has cracked his WC pan and needs a new one. Says he would prefer the type he used on the continent, where (how shall I put it) the "richard" lands on porcelain instead of water and disappears down a hole when it’s flushed. He thinks splash-up is not hygenic. I suppose it isn't that nice. It can wet your underpants if you don't wipe up.

Are these types available over here and are they a good thing? Why don't we see them in England? Is there another way round it? Some people stuff half a roll of paper down the pan to stop spash-up. That can't be good for the drains

Sponsored Links
My mate is expert on 'building a nest' before releasing the payload, I can relay his advice if required. I've heard it enough times, usually in the middle of food.

Actually there is more to the 'shelf' pans than you might think. Continentals are more obsessed with a health check on the Richard IIIs and this allows them to do it.

They have these loos at centre parks and when you go for a dump it stinks out the lav making it a no go area for half an hour, missis refused to use it and walked down to the sports complex after eating her weetabix.

lI would rather get a wet arse then put up with the smell

By the way, our standard bogs are also good for a health check. Floaters are good, sinkers are not so good, well so says the missus - they taught her that at school apparently...

Can't do that with your fancy foreign bogs can you? And the pans tend to be wider as well so it can give you a complex they're trying to ram a small submarine where the sun don't shine.

Sponsored Links
There's one in Fuengirola market that consists of a hole in the ground.

Apparently you stand either side and shoot :cry: :cry:

doitall said:
There's one in Fuengirola market that consists of a hole in the ground.

Apparently you stand either side and shoot :cry: :cry:

that is actually true, but what you forgot to say it has "foot prints" either side so you know where to put your feet, oh and you dont stand you squat.

but i never noticed a loo roll holder in the one i saw, did you see one .............

Oh and as for origonal q, they are alegedly favoured by theGermans, aparently it reallly is so the person making the deposit can inspect it (not too closely i trust)

These were known as "D" trap wcs. They were considered unhygenic in the UK, but are currently installed in Germany.

To use, you place a peice of bog roll on the ledge, deposit your stool onto it, inspect stool then flush. If done correctly, the stool floats away as if on a boat without soiling the pan.

If splashing is a problem, the answer is a double trapped syphonic with a high water level. As the water level is high, the travelling distance from your body to the water is reduced, the stool picks up less kinetic energy and the stool slides into the water. Unfortunately, the double trapped syphonic needs a greater flushing volume than the water regulations now allow, so thay are no longer manufactured. You might find a second hand one though.

Put a few sheets of paper in the water b4 you take crap thats a good antisplash. Went skiing in Romania many years ago, up the mountain, shed with a hole in the ground, your deposit slipped down the mountain. Glad I didnt go back in the summer.

Slightly off topic and best not read by those of a nervous disposition but Ninja Warriors would carry out assassinations by submerging themselves in the cesspool whilst breathing through a straw, (YUK) await the intended victims arrival (this was the only time Emperors were away from their security guards) and skewer them via the botticelli on a sharpened spear! :confused:

If splashing is a problem, the answer is a double trapped syphonic with a high water level.
Trouble with these I find is that I often end up inadvertantly prodding the log with my finger whilst doing the paperwork, which means that to avoid this you have to do the paperwork standing up which then means you've clarted your cheeks up even more if you happen to have dropped a sloppy one! thus doubling the paperwork
I say that the art is in dropping your log tapered end first so that it pierces the meniscus in a stealth like manner. Nips and rips are to be avoided at the other end to avoid the water rushing back into the 'wash' area as your log finishes its journey into the water thereby causing a splash. The ultimate is to curl em off like this but I think doing your initial is showing off a bit!!

Tarquin said:
Slightly off topic and best not read by those of a nervous disposition but Ninja Warriors would carry out assassinations by submerging themselves in the cesspool whilst breathing through a straw, (YUK) await the intended victims arrival (this was the only time Emperors were away from their security guards) and skewer them via the botticelli on a sharpened spear! :confused:

How on earth would they know the emperor was there?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back