Hilti or Paslode

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello there!

Hope someone hear can help me!

Got a job for the next year soon pipe boxings in high rise flats all concrete Walls and ceilings! I am looking at buying either a hilti gx120 or Paslode spit pulsa 700p both come with electrical fastening and plumbing fastening systems but they also state they can and are used for nailing timber up to 28mm thick which is cool as I am fixing dressed 2x1" to the Walls! Any help would be greatly appreciated before I spend £600 on the wrong tool!

Sponsored Links
i have got a pulsa which i use mainly to fix battens to steel, ive tried it on concrete but it tended to blow it out ( i only tried a few nails the one time)
there is not much difference between the 2 guns but i would suggest hiring one to try first

i tend to use concrete screws - they are pretty quick and very reliable

id say the spit, ive used both and the spit is much easier to use,clean and i think it feels better to use.

tom

Thanks lads!

Framer which spit do u use for fastening the battons is it the one I mentioned? My biggest worry was that the maximum nail size both take is a 40mm but if u have tried n tested n it work would be great to know. A tried the hilti 2 day in shop and got to say it was pretty amazin just nailed a pallet to a concrete block they just happened to have in the hilti shop! Pallet was 18mm thick and four nails it was solid! Tho now I want to try the spit see how much better or worse that is.

Sponsored Links
yes mine is the 700p
ive only got 32mm hc nails so that is all i tried not the 40mm ones

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back