Ikea framtid oven installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Last time I bought an oven from ikea it came with a plug many years ago. The new oven I've now bought doesn't it's a framtid ov9 max power 2.725kw what's the way to go with the installation of is one

Sponsored Links
blah blah blah if in doubt consult a qualified electrician blah blah blah?

Corky - what do you have available to connect the oven to?

blah blah blah if in doubt consult a qualified electrician blah blah blah?

Corky - what do you have available to connect the oven to?

Now the sparky has sorted out my induction hob I'm just left with the ring main for the kitchen appliances instructions.

Sponsored Links
What circuit did he put in for the hob? Breaker rating, cable size?

Is the hob connected to a cooker outlet plate?

Is the hob near the oven?

Your best bet could well be to replace the outlet plate with a twin one,

2_374.jpg

in one half of a dual box, and an FCU for the oven in the other side. The replacement outlet plate supplies the hob and the FCU.

I have a similar oven from Ikea, they are made by Whirlpool.
I had to phone the Ikea help line to find out that it was 2.4Kw & 13 amp as the instructions & website lack this information.
Phone them & check.

My installation is 6mm2 cable from consumer unit to cooker switch, 6mm2 T&E from cooker switch to cooker outlet plate for hob (hob wired from outlet plate with 4mm2 HO5 RR-F flex, recommended on the Whirlpool site for their 13 amp ovens but a sod to find).
Spur from cooker switch to 13 amp neon fused control unit using 2.5mm2 T&E then 2.5mm2 T&E to flex outlet plate for the oven, then FO to oven using the 1.5mm2 flex supplied with the oven.
Will check what rating MCB my electrician used at the CU and update.

Obviously your requirements will be different to others.

If unsure, consult a registered electrician.

Also be aware that your hob will draw more than the oven. 2 rings at full tilt will draw more!

What circuit did he put in for the hob? Breaker rating, cable size?

Is the hob connected to a cooker outlet plate?

Is the hob near the oven?

Your best bet could well be to replace the outlet plate with a twin one,

2_374.jpg

in one half of a dual box, and an FCU for the oven in the other side. The replacement outlet plate supplies the hob and the FCU.

The hob is on it's own 32amp mcb 6mm cable wired into a single outlet plate,the hob is above the oven

Replace the outlet plate with a twin one in one half of a dual box, supplying the hob and an FCU for the oven in the other side.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back