Hob consistently blowing wall fuse

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Not technical so forgive what follows :

Had a kitchen installed about 10 years ago & everything fine until last month when the hob no longer worked.

I replaced the fuse in the wall & it was Ok but only for 24 hours then it went again & has since eaten another fuse.

Is the hob shot or could it be a small electrical problem.

Any guidance much appreciated.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Dose the fuse blow, when a particular hot plate is turned on? If it does then that plate/control is faulty & needs looking into.

shakermaker said:
I replaced the fuse in the wall
Fuse in the wall? As opposed to a fuse in the consumer unit?

You've got an electric hob connected to a 13A FCU?? :eek:

ban-all-sheds wrote:
Fuse in the wall? As opposed to a fuse in the consumer unit?
I assumed as they were non techie, consumer unit mounted on the wall, therfore they replaced the fuse on the wall.
No doubt we will find out.

Sponsored Links
It's not a socket, is it called a spur or something, chunky fuse not 13A.

Cheers.

ta for idea about it possibly being a particular plate

irrespective of which fuse it is you're replacing, and whether that fuse is indeed appropriate - since it's worked for 10 years and now it's blowing fuses signifies that yes, there is an electrical fault, most probably with the hob.

It's therefore not a great idea to keep changing the fuse in the hope that it won't blow again, but you should instead have the hob inspected and tested to isolate the fault.

thanks for all these comments, I'm getting someone to come & take a look at the hob

Cheers :cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back