Gully Repair

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Started to get a leak from a Gully between the house and the neighbours (Ours is like a gable end and the neighbours is usual Pitched roof) Been quoted about £700 thats for one side of the roof. Aparently they are not lead.

Does that sound about correct for 1 side. I appreciate there's probably a fair bit of work there plus the danger element.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Danger Element?? - there shouldn't be any danger element, perhaps his price does include a scaffold though?

Hi All,

Started to get a leak from a Gully between the house and the neighbours (Ours is like a gable end and the neighbours is usual Pitched roof)

I can't visualise your detail, but I would first of all question if there is any debris building up there ? A lot of roof leaks arise from the accumulated leaves etc blocking lead gutters, valleys and the like. Simply clearing them out can solve some of these problems.

I don't think you will get any real feedback on your quote simply because there is insufficent detail. In any case, try and get at least two other quotes from reputable roofers. That should answer your question.

All work at high levels is potentially dangerous, so each company that quotes you has to make sure the right method is adopted for the workman to work safely.

Sponsored Links
As previous posters said it's difficult to visualise the job. could you post pics?
By gulley do you mean a gutter or a shute or hopper head?
Does your informant claim that the "gulley" is leaking or the leadwork?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back