63mm Rainwater downpipes?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to cut into an existing rainwater downpipe to unblock it. So I'll need a couple of connectors to refit the missing section afterwards.

Unfortunately, it's 63mm pipe and everywhere seems to only stock 68mm fittings these days.

Does anyone know where I can get 63mm fittings, or have an alternative solution?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I need to cut into an existing rainwater downpipe to unblock it.

Are your really sure that you need to cut it ?

By removing pipe brackets and checking the play in the ends, some rainwater pipes can be "sprung out". Alternatively consider replacing the downpipe. Also after removing the brackets you may find you are able to drop the pipe into the drain to uncouple the socket at the top.

Thanks for the replies.

Those connectors might do the job, though as you say, they won't look that pretty!

The reason why it needs cutting is that it's cemented in at the bottom. So, short of breaking up the front doorstep, I think it needs to be cut.

The reason why it needs cutting is that it's cemented in at the bottom. So, short of breaking up the front doorstep, I think it needs to be cut.

It is quite usual for builders to cement around the connection as part of the work to finish off the paving locally. The thing is, cement does not bond that well to the PVC so you may find that with a good twist you may be able to free it. Certainly worth trying before you go for cutting. I have on a number of occassions managed to twist out old waste pipes cemented in walls, but those pipes are easier to grip and the surface contact will be less too.

I had the same problem in Jan 2014 when I tried to repair my garage rainwater pipe. I found it was made with a Rymway 63mm system. This is a discontinued line and the company no longer exists. The standard diameter is now 68mm. I nearly spent a lot of money on alutec evolve 63mm aluminium pieces. Then I found a silicone reducing pipe on ebay which allowed me to connect 68mm to 63mm using a 70mm-51mm silicone reducer for around £7. The 68mm Marley pipe fits nicely into the 70mm end and the 63mm rymway pipe fits nicely over the 51mm end. Sorted!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back