de-activate my Accord xpc?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I have had an Accord XPC alarm since i moved in about 5 years ago. Perviously monitored by ADT. Although not by us, we have never had a contract with them. I recently tried using it independently but set it off accidentaly. It now had a code which ADT want £120odd quid to reset.

I bought a different wireless alarm which we use and now want to unplug the XPC.

It started going off today for no apparent reason and just stopped after about 30 secs. (def not the smoke alarms) so i want to disconnect and basically kill it off.

Any ideas how to do this? ultimately if it continues to go off i'll end up just unscrewing everything but i'd rather do it the easy way without risking losing my telephone line or costing engineers fees!

Can anyone help please?

Sponsored Links
ADT may still own the equipment.
Check with them before removing and possibly damaging anything.

Anyway if unsure get someone in as there is mains electricity present.

I appreciate the dangers with mains power, but would i be right in thinking that if i flick the only un-named RCD left in the box and the alarm goes off i have found the right one? I do have a voltimeter too

Is there no other solution other than paying someone to do it? surely it cant be that hard asuming ADT dont want to come and collect their property! i will phone them first of course. but its obsolete according to a sales guy who wanted £900 to upgrade!!

Sponsored Links
Flicking a RCD/RCCD is not a good idea, as it will control more than one circuit.
You obviously are not qualified to work on electrics.

As for ADT I cannont comment on their reasoning, just they may want the equipment back. Easier to check as said.

You could do this, however I do not give defaulting/defeating information out on an open forum.

regards

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back