Vaillant ecoTEC Pro 24 Condensing Combi Gas Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all
we are in the process of renovating our 4 bed house and the plumber has recommended installing the above boiler with eco radiators - do you think this is a good option? Is there anything we should particularly be looking out for?
Many thanks
rebecca

Sponsored Links
I see no reason at all why anybody in their right minds would put in an ecoTEC Pro, the cost difference between that and the Plus, which is a better boiler, doesn't justify having one. The Pro is a bit cheaper to buy but works out more expensive to install as it takes a bit longer and you've got to buy more bits for it, so overall if you're going to have a Vaillant get an ecoTEC Plus. Also, the warranty on the Pro is much shorter than it is on the Plus, assuming you're using a Vaillant approved installer.

Personally, if it was my own house and I was going to put in a combi, I'd put in an Intergas Combi Compact HRE which is a better boiler for about the same money.

Having said that, I'd be dubious about putting any kind of combi into a 4-bed house, your hot water requirements will almost certainly outstrip the available performance of even the most powerful combi, and the Pro24 is nowhere near the most powerful combi available. How many people are living there currently, how many do you expect to be living there in the future, and how many bathrooms / shower rooms do you have?

What does he mean by eco radiators??

COLD ONES!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

By the way; 4 bed house + Combi (especially 24Kw) = Disaster!! :rolleyes:

Before fitting a Combi find out the flow rate in Ltr/min of your Water main unless it is particularly good a Combi is not the solution for you - even if you are geting 16Ltr+/min a 24 Kw Combi will struggle to heat the hot water esp in Winter!! I would fit nothing less than 30Kw as long as the water main is up to it TBH!! otherwise keep your header tanks!! ;)

24kw combi for a 4 bed house? 9.5 litres/min? ...change your heating engineer.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your comments
At the moment there is just the two of us living there - we will have two bathrooms.
Not sure on the water pressure - how would I find out although I assume the heating engineer would know that??
B

If he's suggesting a 24kw combi for your house I doubt he knows much at all, especially with the one he's chosen. He'll only know by measuring it, and you'd probably have seen him do this if he did

what about the Worcester High Flow 440 CDI - this is another option he has suggested but obviously this is more expensive...
thanks
B

Highflow is a completely different beast, there's a huge chasm between the two things he's suggesting, still not too confident he really knows what he's talking about. You'd be better off with a hot water cylinder and a system boiler

have asked him about the water pressure measurement and will report back! Thank you for your advice so far
B

A 24 kW combi boiler will just about run one bathroom.

So if you wanted to use the two bathrooms together then you would have to have two combi boilers based on that arrangement. Did your plumber mention that?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back