Bath fitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My wife wants a bath with taps on the side rather than the end. The bath will be positioned into a C shaped recess only slightly larger than the bath. (No space to allow access between bath and walls to the rear and both sides).
I have fitted a bath with taps at the end before. This is easy as you have access to the taps when the bath front panel is removed. But how do you fit a bath with taps on the side, when the taps are positioned against the rear wall?
As far as I can see, the main body of the bath will block access to the underside of the bath where the taps are. How do you tighten them up and check for leaks etc once the bath has been fitted into position?
The only possible solution I can think of is to fit the taps using very long flexible tap connectors whilst the bath is not fully in position, then check for leaks etc, then move
the bath into final position and fix it. However, I can't find any flexible tap connectors more than 14 inches long! HELP!!!!

Sponsored Links
cant you fix flexible tap connectors to plastic pipe this stuff bends pretty easy.

Very long tails you have still got a couple of inches access under the bath to play with, and do them properly so they dont leak. You could always set them up and connect a hosepipe from your mains to them before you fit....just to be sure.

You can get flexy tap connectors up to a metre and more long, but it would be better not to use them at all, just use Speedfit or Hep tap connectors and plastic pipe. Yes you have to do them up before you slide the bath home!
You could just use L shapes in copper, but they might undo themselves if the L's get wiggled.

Sponsored Links
I thought most of these fancy baths come pre plumbed / pumped.

If yours isn't why not follow the manufacturers example, screw some pipe clips to some 18mm plywood and fix this to the bottom of the bath with no-nails type adhesive. Then, pipe up the taps in copper leaving the ends of the pipes at the front of the bath, test then fit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back