Now to fit the bath.....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After successful fitting of wc, I am now faced with fitting the bath.
I am confident with the actual putting it together, taps and waste and securing solidly etc but again would like advice on the plumbing side.
The bath taps I see are bigger than basin taps,3/4 I understand. The old pipes , both cold and hot going to the bath are both 15mm. The tap connectors for a bath are 22m x3/4" so how do I do this? If I fit 15x 3/4 I presume the bath would be an age filling up.All advice gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
you have only 15mm supply pipes so you'll have to fit 15 x 3/4.

what is supplying the bathroom is it gravity or mains pressure hot/cold ?

Sponsored Links
Another thing I see is that all the tap connectors I can find 15mm x 3/4" are 10mm bore will this make it even slower? and/ or can you get them with a bigger bore? And is it ok just to connect the tap connectors direct to thenew bath tap plastic tails, would I have to use ptfe or anything else?Thanks

Shouldnt be too much of a problem if your working with mains pressure.

Wont need PTFE as flexi tap connectors have rubber washers in to seal the joint.

If you don't want to do pipe bending, soldering etc you could go with this Johnnie:

p1081010_x.jpg

Come in different lengths and you can get upto 13mm bore. You can also get a Push-Fit Flexi Tap Connector with Valve for about £6 quid if its too tight for you to get a spanner in etc. Just connect upto the tap tails before bath goes in place and then push onto your supply pipework when in situ.

http://www.screwfix.com/search.do;j...p+connector&action=movePage&fh_start_index=10

Personally, I think any iso valve should go onto any rigid pipework ie before a flexi such as this. The trouble with these ones is even if you isolate the supply to the tap you still have to get access to the tap tail to disconnect because if you disconnect the Push-Fit or compression end you will still end up with Niagara Falls! as the valve is on the flexi and not the supply pipe. Hope that helps.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back