Shed treatment

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a shed constructed from smooth planed tongue and grooved timber. I have scoured all of my local DIY outlets looking for a suitable treatment. All of the well known shed and fence treatments are described as being for rough sawn timber only some even go so far as to say not suitable for planed timber.

As I couldn't find any thing else, in desperation I tried some of the rough sawn treatment but it didn't soak in, in fact it ran off like water, which I guess is what most of it is.

What should I use on my planed timer shed?

Sponsored Links
stem said:
What should I use on my planed timer shed?
I used to use cuprinol on my summerhouse which kept fading in the sunlight, so I now use Tung Oil (Liberon) which was recommended by Oilman on here, the best things I ever done. They are slightly dearer than some of the wood treatments but it work out cheaper because it goes further as it mixes in with white spirit and let the timber breathe. Do a search on Oilman posts regarding tung oil, plenty of info there.

I bought my tung oil from here and look under finishes.

Another interesting one here worth a look which Oilman also found.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back