S-Trap Blues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya, I want to install a new close coupled loo in our v old fashioned (not in a good way) bathroom but the soil pipe in the floor begins about 210mm away from the wall - way too far. What is the best (cost/labout-effective) way of approaching this? I'm pretty clueless, so any help would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
concealed cistern in cupboard and back to wall pan, otherwise you need to move the soil pipe.

Thanks!
The problem is that the bathroom is pretty small and the loo and sink are next to each other under a window ledge. The standard concealed cistern furniture is not deep enough and I think it will look strange if the loo is built out quite far into the room. Any other ideas?
Is moving the soil pipe closer to the wall a big job??

Would depend on whether the floor is solid or wooden, and what the pipe is made of china or plastic, and what direction it comes from.

Why not put units across for toilet and sink, then it would'nt look odd.
Increasing the depth either by using standard units or making your own.

Sponsored Links
Otherwise it's one of these
12712.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back