New Shower???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just moved into a new house, with electric shower already installed. trouble is, i can only get cold water to come out!!! can anyone give me any ideas, before i have to call someone out.

cheers.

Sponsored Links
You don't say if the power indicator on the shower comes on !
It may be on its own isolating switch which should be sited outside of the bathroom. Check if it is and is it switched on, is it fused and blown ?
It may also be on its own circuit from the main box, check if it is labeled there and is on (not tripped).

AFAIK, most electric showers need power as they have solenoid valves, so no power = no water, not even cold.

Sponsored Links
hi philo, if your shower and it's circuit comply with the regs then you should have a 30amp double pole pull switch located away from the shower or by a 30amp wall switch outside the room but also like bathjobby says check your consumer unit ( fuse box ) and see if it's on it's own fuse or breaker, sometimes there is a seperate 1 way box with a 40amp fuse or breaker and could be on a RCD unit check them all

good luck :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back