glow worm 30sxi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi can any 1 help i gave just moved in to my first house and have a glow worm 30sxi boiler wich is broke down it is showing a f12 falt does any 1 know what this means thanks

Sponsored Links
F12 "initially" means a fault between the main PCB and the user interface PCB (display board) loose connection or damaged harness. It can on glow worm's be linked into a few other things such as thermistors damp, loose or out of range, if it is the old IRIS style PCB check the fuse on the DC fan supply. If all the above check out fine then GW's service engineers usually change both main pcb and display pcb AT THE SAME time. All this will have to be done by either a sparky or a GS engineer. Do not try and do it yourself.

Sponsored Links
just thought i would add to this as i had the same fault today, replacing the pcb will prob fix this problem but if you want to save some cash then check the board for damaged caps, i found 2 470uf 35v caps had leaked and once replaced boiler back up and running.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back