Replacement People Carrier

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

l need to replace my trusty 1984 Toyota Spacecruiser with another people carrier early next year.

l'm thinking about a Seat Alhambra/Vaulkswagon Sharon or Peugeot 806 Citroen Synergie.

Does anyone have any experience/views on the merit of these, or indeed any other people carrier.

l'm primarilty looking at diesel models, though not exclusively.

thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
You are replacing a Spacecruiser?! I know a guy selling one (about a 1990 model IIRC) and he's almost in tears about it! He loves that bus.

Isn't the 806/Synergie van-based? Personally I would be dubious about something that wasn't designed to be a passenger vehicle from the ground up.

Hello AdamW,

l know how the guy feels! The Spacecruiser has really taken us some places & the kids love it. However, it will be over 21 years old when l come to change it & it has come to the end of its days.

l echo what you have said about the 806/Synergie, the Volkswagon/Seat are supposed to be more car like to drive.

Best to start road testing l suppose.

Mercedes R-Class has got to be the way to go.

Just one snag though.
Well, 42 to 55 thousand snags, really. :cry:

Sponsored Links
You wanna get yourself an ex local authority old peoples welfare bus. Regularly serviced, not thrashed and will carry far more people for the money. Might even get a chair lift thrown in at the back.

Like the Seat, a Ford Galaxy is almost identical to the VW but cheaper. The V6 is pleasing.

Likewise a larger-engined Zafira shouldn't be ruled out. Not as big, but seven seats.

Try peugeot 807, much improved on the 806. top tip is hdi, if you are looking at nearly new you can save thousands off the list price. Drive well, comfortable, strong residuals. If you want any more info on the model mail me!

Kia sedona worth a look at, great value, and just as big as 807 and vw and ford's.
Have a zafira but when its time to change that what i'll go for.

DRW said:
Like the Seat, a Ford Galaxy is almost identical to the VW but cheaper. The V6 is pleasing.

Likewise a larger-engined Zafira shouldn't be ruled out. Not as big, but seven seats.

Go for the Seat with the 130TDi engine. VW/Audi quality and parts, cheaper and that engine is amazing.

Anybody who needs a vehicle with more than four seats is contributing to this overcrowded world and global warming and should be executed at dawn if not earlier ;)

keyplayer

You wanna get yourself an ex local authority old peoples welfare bus. Regularly serviced, not thrashed and will carry far more people for the money. Might even get a chair lift thrown in at the back.
Maybe even use the bus lanes & exempt from congestion charge.

Scoby_Beasley said:
Anybody who needs a vehicle with more than four seats is contributing to this overcrowded world and global warming and should be executed at dawn if not earlier ;)

Interesting theory, but actually, in the current climate of pensions crisis fever, there aren't enough young people being born to pay NI conts to pay for our future old age pensions.

The problem is also that the wrong people are having the babies that are being born today :rolleyes:

Hope I'm not too late to help. Had a spacecruiser myself used it to travel to Spain three times a year with family of four kids. Loved that motor but mileage was scary. Changed it for a renault espace and found it was nearly as good. Some advantages are the seats are removable individually really handy!! The espace to go for is an early 2.1 litre diesel (up to 1997) Aftrer that the engine changed to a 2.2 and everything then became electronic more to go wrong! But I would still recommend one

Sponsored Links
Back